Sunday, August 28th, 2011 @ Flamingo (318 Elgin St) 9pm-3am
Pride Closing Party with The House of Venus
Starring: Miss Cotton, Mark Kenneth Woods and Betti Forde.
If you haven’t already heard, I’ll tell you a secret… Sunday August 28th The Flamingo in conjunction with The Sound Syndicate & AEM Entertainment will be hosting a fabulous event to wrap up Ottawa Pride! The House of Venus is an internationally known multi dimensional artist collective involved in TV, film, music and event production and featuring the fiercest DJs and party athletes Canada has ever seen! Join us for an evening with The Gay & Fabulous hosted by Miss Cotton and featuring the sweet sounds of DJ MKW & Betti Forde.
Summer is almost over but the music just keeps on coming. This mix is rather indie focused with some of my absolute faves including Lykke Li, M83, Florrie and Natalia Kills. Plus a track by ex-spice girl Mel C (yes, I did). Confused about what is indie and what is top 40. Me too. Just listen.
DJ MKW’s “Midnight City Mix” – 71 mins
1. Midnight City (Remix) – M83
2. Hits Me Like A Rock (Remix) – CSS
3. Blink And You’ll Mixx A Revolution – Cut Copy
4. Love Out of Lust (Remix) – Lykke Li
5. Heavy Metal Lover – Lady Gaga
6. I Took A Little Time (Remix) – Florrie
7. Helena Beat (Mix) – Foster The People
8. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Remix) – Coldplay
9. Free (Remix) – Natalia Kills
10. Push It (Remix) – Jessie And The Toy Boys
11. Think About It (Remix) – Melanie C
12. Feel So Close (Remix) – Calvin Harris
13. Goody Two Shoes (Remix) – Duck Sauce
14. Hush Hush (Remix) – Alexis Jordan
15. Renegade – Wynter Gordon
16. We Love (Remix) – Sneaky Sound System